Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My first Mother’s Day with my two grandchildren. What a wonderful thing. Baby Olivia is growing by leaps and bounds.


And so is my grandson, Shane, who will be turning 11 at the end of the month.

We started the day at the Oxford Fire Dept. for our free mother’s day breakfast feast. Well, free for us mothers, the dads had to pay. HAHA. Mom, dad, Bill and I met our friends Sarah and Pat for breakfast. We received a great welcome, wonder if that’s because their son is, or was, the fire chef. Hmmmmmmm.


I made brunch out of it. They had so much food and I have to say the volunteers are great cooks and they did a wonderful job replenishing everything; pancakes, French toast, eggs, fried potatoes, grits (yuck), bacon, sausage, chipped beef and gravy, biscuits. I’m getting hungry again just listing all the food. Oh, yeah, they had healthy food too, like fruit.


Doesn’t that look delicious? Well, it was.

Dinner at daughter, Alicia’s. It’s so nice not to have to cook for an entire day. My son, Robby, even joined us.










He knows how good a cook Alicia is, but WAIT A MINUTE. It’s “Mother’s Day.” So why isn’t Chris, Bill and Robby doing the cooking?


No comments:

Post a Comment